1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with avant rear screen washer.

gadgesxi Oct 31, 2009

1. gadgesxi

gadgesxi Member

Was pulled up on a recent service.

The rear screen washer on my car isnt working.

I can hear the motor when i push the stalk in so that fine. So must be tube come off somewhere or a blockage.

Anyone know the route or got any tips?

Thanks

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yeah remove the wiper & the jet plastic tube, then try it & see if the water trickles out, also remove the rear door panel, take of the pipe & see if water comes out there, then you know its from that location onwards to the screen jet.

3. yy54cnk

yy54cnk New Member

Try a thin pin or needle in the two jets, usually blocked and will be your answer if your boot floor isn't wet - boot floor wet and you've got a leak.

:icon_thumright:

4. mikeswagon

mikeswagon New Member

My wifes A4 had a similar problem.

I tried it parked up and my 4 yr old son shouted "Dad, the car's bleeding...". Turned out to be a joint had popped out up inside the front wheel arch. Pain in the bottom since you have to remove the liner first.

Stopped working a few months again, and expected to have to do the same. This time I still checked the jets first, and they were blocked. 2 mins to fix this time, result.

Good luck.