1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with alloys!! Please?? :):):):

a4portree Jun 16, 2011

1. a4portree

a4portree New Member

I have just bought and 52 plate b6 and the alloys have NEVER been cleaned!!! :(((( got most of the brake dust off but it has stained a light yellow colour? does anyone know a good prduct to take this off? any help please?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

Refurb. Not sure there's anything you can do?

3. Syvo

Syvo IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

can you get some pics up may just need a good wheel cleaner also what did you use to remove the brake dust?

4. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

cartec wheel cleaner, AS tardis and an iron remover should fix it.

5. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

6. si hoc

si hoc Member

cheers for that link john just got 1l of it and some free cloths!!. i dont have a pressure washer so do i just aggitate and rinse off before it dries????

7. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

Should be fine to leave it to dry then hose it off. The longer you leave it (up to a point) the more effective it'll be.

If it's a bit sticky to come off, just spray a very slight mist of extra product on, agitate with a brush an then rinse immediately.

8. si hoc

si hoc Member

cheers

9. a4portree

a4portree New Member

Obviously this is the better choice, but unfortunatley my girlfriend has my pockets for the time being! :(:(:(:(: i have managed to get the wheels clean and sparkly with 2hours of hard graft, brasso (awesome tar-remover) and alloy cleaner which has acid in it. How do i get the pics on here?