1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a repair quote S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ndiddee, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ndiddee

ndiddee New Member

[Jul 25, 2007]
    Hi guys, been browsing the forums for a while now but never posted. Just want to quickly thank the community for the advice and help I read before purchasing my S3.

Got a bit of small damage to my car. Was driving over a "home-made" speed bump made out of wood and as I went over it I heard a crunch. Turned out my rear diffuser got damged. Took it to Audi and they said I needed a new diffuser and painted as well as the support struts which attach it to the bumper was broken. They quoted me 310quid and I am just wondering what you guys think. Is it reasonable or am I being ripped off?

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

[Jul 25, 2007]
    You will always be ripped off at the dealer!

Get the part from the delaer as I'm sure it will be hard to get elsewhere, or possibly try vagparts or audi accessories on the internet.

Then take it to a bodyshop and get a few quotes for painting and fitting, bet you it will work out alot cheaper!
  4. S3Didge

S3Didge Member

[Jul 25, 2007]
    Turned into a clients driveway yesterday and scraped the sill and lower door trim moulding on a brick pillar that had broken off and was lyng on the floor - gutted!

Plastic sill and lower door trim cost = £165
    Paint materiels and labour = £300 :faint:

for two bits of fecking plastic!!