1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a few problems please?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by jzr172, Jan 27, 2010.

1. jzr172

jzr172 New Member

i have a 05 plate s line tdi 2.0ltr 140bhp. First thing i ve put 2 ltrs of oil in and only down 3-4k. My brother in law was following me and he said it was smoking blue when i booted it. Hence me thinking turbo seals. Is there a problem with these cars.

next problem when i put the car in to nutrual or foot on clutch when braking and the is about to stop the revs drop and its feels like its about to stall, but then as u stop it goes back to normal

last prob the car seems to juder a lot when pulling away around 2k.:faint:
  2. happyme

happyme Member

3. jzr172

jzr172 New Member

i am going to book it in the local audi garage today, we got a warranty for 12mths when we bought it off them last june so, its back to them.

Last car i had loads of problems with it, bloody zafira gsi. I had 3 turbos in 4mths and it still kept going wrong in the end the local vauxhall garage said just get rid of it:ohmy:
  4. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

Sounds like an idle control valve that
  5. jon1982

jon1982 diesel dodger

hope i am wrong mate but i had the juddering problem not long ago and after a week or so the clutch went! 660 quid for a new clutch at audi!
    the car does,nt judder anymore though since the new clutch?
  6. Good 2 B A Gooner

Good 2 B A Gooner Member

The judder thing; I have this also - Apparently this is normally caused by a dual-mass flywheel problem!

Not sure why or how - i know someone who works for Audi, and he said they (2005 dual mass fly wheel) have a history of doing this judder thing! Not sure if it's something that can be left or if it's a sign of a problem that needs fixing...?!
  7. dan_the_v8man

dan_the_v8man Member

+1 for the dual mass flywheel

as for the smoke it could well be the turbo. does the car feel down on power at all?