1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a few decisions

jribeiro Oct 10, 2012

1. jribeiro

jribeiro Member

Hi folks
    i am here to ask for expert advice on my a3 1.8t. I wanted to know which air filter/induction kit people would consider the best for these cars in terms of power gains? And best place for mapping?

sorry if this has been covered before but I have limited time to come on here as I have no Internet at the moment

thanks

2. Sevv

Sevv Pushing the limits..

badger5 or r-tech in the UK,

a jetex filter would be the norm as to you what most people are using.

3. jribeiro

jribeiro Member

What places can you get it from?

4. Sevv

Badger5 supplies them however its with his Badger5 tip for the K04 turbo but im sure you can ask for the filter and heatshield itself just give him a ring www.badger5.co.uk iirc

5. jribeiro

jribeiro Member

Ok thanks for the help. Are r tech good then? Cause I'm 2 hours away as I live in Watford, Hertfordshire so wanted something slightly closer if not don't mind travelling if its going to be worth it.

6. AwesomeMike

AwesomeMike Member

Hello,

Another great air intake is the Neuspeed P-Flow kit, we always have some great reviews!

What year A3 is it?

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Awesome Mike

7. jribeiro

jribeiro Member

It's a y reg 2001 a3 1.8t. How much are the kits? And what sort of power gains? Enclosed or open cone?

8. Sevv

yes mate r-tech are good.. many members have had positive feedback of them .. forgot to mention mike at awesome im sure he would take care of your needs..