1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a dead battery

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by S3-Sandy, Oct 30, 2011.

1. S3-Sandy

S3-Sandy S3 OFU

Hi,
    I'm looking for some pointers with regards to a dead battery in a MK 2 TT. The car has been stored in a garage for a couple of months and the battery has died. I've managed to get the drivers door and bonnet open but can't gain access to the boot to get to the battery as the boot opener is electric and the boot lid is lockless. On top of this all the brakes have seized too so you can see I'm in for a fun time of it. Is there a way of gaining access to the boot or as a last resort charging the battery from under the bonnet? Any help would be muchly appreciated

Thanks

Sandy
  2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are jump start points under the bonnet, get the car jump started and you then should get access to the boot.
  3. S3-Sandy

S3-Sandy S3 OFU

I read somewhere that jump starting would fry the electrics and trickle charging the battery was the way ahead. I did have a look for battery terminals under the bonnet but couldn't see any. It was a quick look in the dark with a torch so maybe a daylight check would be the answer. There must be battery points under there somewhere!