Help with a dead battery

S3-Sandy

S3 OFU
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for some pointers with regards to a dead battery in a MK 2 TT. The car has been stored in a garage for a couple of months and the battery has died. I've managed to get the drivers door and bonnet open but can't gain access to the boot to get to the battery as the boot opener is electric and the boot lid is lockless. On top of this all the brakes have seized too so you can see I'm in for a fun time of it. Is there a way of gaining access to the boot or as a last resort charging the battery from under the bonnet? Any help would be muchly appreciated

Thanks

Sandy

I'm sure there are jump start points under the bonnet, get the car jump started and you then should get access to the boot.

I read somewhere that jump starting would fry the electrics and trickle charging the battery was the way ahead. I did have a look for battery terminals under the bonnet but couldn't see any. It was a quick look in the dark with a torch so maybe a daylight check would be the answer. There must be battery points under there somewhere!