HELP! what car/engine is this?

klauster

Reaction score
rear.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine1.jpg

I suspect this is a 2.0 FSI and not 2.0T FSI, am I correct?

can anyone post me a pic of what a 2.0T engine looks like please?

Audi are trying to tell me this is a 2.0T 200PS engine, and it dont sound or feel like it....

It'll probably feel like an asthmatic ant trying to carry a wardrobe through a Benson and Hedges test lab,if it's anything like the 2.0Fsi I drive every other day.

Avoid.

Boy here is interested in getting a 1.6Fsi,as he can only afford the 1.6Fsi Special edition.

Anyone driven one,coz if it's just a sleeved down 2.0Fsi it must be a truly awful engine !

My hammer drill must have more torque.

Defnitely not a 2.0T FSi - they are trying to shift an off-spec motor, God knows why anyone would buy a non-turbo - you may as well get the TDi and have the same performance with good fuel economy.

Yes, the 1.6 is truly awful - think shopping cart not performance car.

it also looks like they filled it up with oil in a wind tunnel

...and the fact that it doesn't say 2.0T on the back is a bit of a give away !!

since they dont make this engine anymore for the audis - i guess this must be an old stock vehicle pre-registered to shift it - its probably already over a year old b4 it was registered!

Bit dodgy them trying to flog it as a turbo car.... either very sneaky, or poorly educated staff.... both bad things.
Are you going to name and shame the dealer???

bowfer said:
Boy here is interested in getting a 1.6Fsi,as he can only afford the 1.6Fsi Special edition.

Anyone driven one,coz if it's just a sleeved down 2.0Fsi it must be a truly awful engine !
Not driven a 1.6 but I'll echo your comments on the 2.0FSI, ****** hopeless engine that couldn't pull a greased stick out of a pigs ****.

I saw a black 1.6 S-Line the other day - I mean why!? Why would you spend money on all the sporty styling and suspension yet have the poxiest engine possible? All show and no go.

bowfer said:

Had one for a day. A rubbish car to drive. Accellerator pedal has two positions - on and off, both of which are fairly indistinguishable.

Vertigo1 said:
Not driven a 1.6 but I'll echo your comments on the 2.0FSI, ****** hopeless engine that couldn't pull a greased stick out of a pigs ****.

I saw a black 1.6 S-Line the other day - I mean why!? Why would you spend money on all the sporty styling and suspension yet have the poxiest engine possible? All show and no go.

Young(ish) lad here wants 'the badge'.
If he has to put up with an electric motor to get it,he's not bothered.
Honestly,he'd rather have a poorly equipped,wheezing 1.6Fsi Audi than a myriad of other better equipped and better performing cars in the same price range.
Sad,but just goes to show 'the badge' is still everything to some people.

I call them "poverty spec" cars - absolutely base-level cars which have been purchased purely for the badge.

At least Audi seem to suffer less than BMW in this regard, don't see nearly as many 1.6 A3s as you do 116s.

It'll probably feel like an asthmatic ant trying to carry a wardrobe through a Benson and Hedges test lab,if it's anything like the 2.0Fsi I drive every other day.

Avoid.

For once Bowfer I completely agree with you. I like your description as well. When I test drove one before I decided on the 2.0TDI I felt that is had no go at all. Coming from a 1.8T Sport it was awful. Go into a corner, put your foot down to exit and.....nothing! Waste of a good A3 body in my opinion.

bowfer said:
Boy here is interested in getting a 1.6Fsi,as he can only afford the 1.6Fsi Special edition..

Had one for a year, did nearly 20000 miles in it which was mostly motorway miles, most people in this thread have slated it, yeah its not a beast and when I went from that to the 2.0 tdi I noticed the difference but overall the 1.6 FSI wasnt too bad, pretty decent MPG on the motorways, got 125mph out of it once with a bootfull of kit, nippy round town but thats it....

If his budgets around 15k why not get a 1.9 tdi or a well specced golf or a pretty decent secondhand 2.0 tdi A3?