1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help VW POLO

john24susan Jul 27, 2007

1. john24susan

john24susan Member

Hi Folks, My Audi 2l TDI Sportsback is fine its my sons VW Polo front door, I know that this is not a Vw forum but the set up of the hinge assembly is very simular. The door was caught by the wind and has put the alignment out slightly , the door has dropped in relationship to the rear pannel, My son is sick as it is his pride and joy as it is a 56 plate.
    I want to know , How to remove the plastic inner bottom trim at the bonnet lever location? Do you have to remove the lever first ( if so how )? Or does the pannel slip over the lever ? When this pannel is removed will it give access to the inner hinge bolt ? I hope some one can help . Many thanks
    john.hynd1@virgin.net

2. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

How much has it dropped, if firm but careful u might be able just to pull the door back up

3. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

go to www.clubpolo.co.uk for help

i used to own and run that forum and its full of helpful people who know their stuff about the good old Polos

4. john24susan

john24susan Member

I have tried this but it will not move. It has dropped 2mm.

5. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

If you take it into a garage all they will do is force the door up. 2mm is not a lot...