1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help.... turbo problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by quattro rob, Dec 24, 2009.

1. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

i have a 51 1.8t a3 sport quattro, i have no boost and at around 2-3k rpm all i get is like a loud noise, sounds like a electric motor lol, i have checked all my boost pipes and pipes going to turbo none are loose/sprit etc any ideas pls,
    Car only has only 44k on clock and had new turbo fitted at just under 40k by audi dealer before i bought it i also have reciept to prove so cant be turbo gone surly
    i have oil, water and engine runs sweet on idle and in revs just with no boost,
    thanks for any help
  2. noddys3

noddys3 Member

sounds like turbo mate or a sensor!!!!
  3. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

thanks
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  4. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

taken turbo of today i have bend 1 blade and have alot of play in shaft, gotta go hybrid route i think
  5. luckymacy

luckymacy Member

the turbo come in on if it was all stock setup? Are these turbos loud enough to hear over the engine clearly or are they small and have a subtle whine?

I'm asking cuz this original poster's descriptions sounds just like my car. I can't convince myself the turbo is coming in or if it is, it's pretty weak.
  6. quattro rob

quattro rob Member

the sound of mine is loud, alot louder then engine noise, just take the tip of mine is well past the sell by date
  7. luckymacy

luckymacy Member

I don't know what u mean. This is my first turbo car so what is the tip reference to exactly and how many miles is a turbo good for anyway?
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009