Help!! (throttle response OR turbo lag?)

kb86

Reaction score
Hey guys,

sorry if this is the wrong place to post but wonder if anyone could help?

after fitting a FMIC a few months back I could hear a leak on the system when rev'g the car up.

got round to sorting it on Thursday and car seemed to run a lot better.

on Friday however, coming onto the motorway, turbo kicked in, then a second or so it would loose power, then kick in again but felt much more powerful...

engine light came on instantly and did the same thing all the way home whenever driving at speed.

I'm no mechanic by a long shot and just wondered if anyone could shed any light?

will be after Christmas when I get chance to put the reader on it and got a fair bot of traveling to do (family etc) in the coming week :(

thanks in advance

kb86

Maybe overboosting now that you have fixed a leak or after fixing the leak it has created another leak elsewhere. Ideally you need to get it on vcds and do some logs and check the DTCs.

Maybe overboosting now that you have fixed a leak or after fixing the leak it has created another leak elsewhere. Ideally you need to get it on vcds and do some logs and check the DTCs.

thanks for the info bud,

as luck would have it I've ended up getting a job booked in tomorrow so will get the reader on it and post results just in case it can help anyone else.

fingers crossed it's nothing too big

thanks again

kb86