1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Symphony II Headunit Double Din Size

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by trevorb33, Sep 6, 2005.

1. trevorb33

trevorb33 Member

[Sep 6, 2005]
    Please somebody help, i wish to change my standard headunit which is the double din size one with built in six cd changer ive been looking for facia adapters but they only seem to list them for the single din units, is it possible without replacing the whole centre unit of the dash that only has one din space, please help me,,,,,,
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 6, 2005]
    No I think you have to replace the whole centre console fascia, or swap it out with someone who's looking to do the reverse.
    The OTS fascia adapters are purely to fill in the side bits of the single DIN unit (which has an oversized fascia) when going aftermarket.
  4. monty77

monty77 Member

[Sep 9, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    No I think you have to replace the whole centre console fascia, or swap it out with someone who's looking to do the reverse.
    The OTS fascia adapters are purely to fill in the side bits of the single DIN unit (which has an oversized fascia) when going aftermarket.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^ what he said

...I had to do the same when I had my S3. It's not hard to do, just time consuming and a bit fiddly.

A