HELP! Squeeking seats!

Marko

Reaction score
Hi

For some time now the front passenger seat has made a squeek/creeking noise when someone is sat in it. Under acceleration or breaking it will be heard quite loudly. To add insult, the drivers seat has started now. I've applied some grease on the rails (thinking it could be from there) to no avail. It seems to come from the rear of the seat and can be heard when just sitting there by leaning back and forth in the seat.

Anyone any ideas what could be causing this? It's most frustrating. It's hard to see if a bolt needs a tighten etc. They are leather sports seats just to clarfiy in case there is a known problem. Not sure whether to get out the WD-40 or it's more fundamental.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Regards

Mark

It might actually be the seat belt anchors, badly designed and I have had the same problem with my S3 and S4.

Best thing to do is wedge a cloth in between the seatbelt socket / box mechanism and the seat and see if that works. For a long term solution use self adhesive padding in the same area.

Hi

I've had and cured that one. This is definately a seat problem. Thanks for your reply..

Marko

Had same problem with my drivers seat.It took two attempts for them to fix, it was a spring that had come off.

marko,

a good squirt of WD40 from underside using the little red tube fixed this problem for me. it seemed to be the springs as they connected to the backrest that squeaked

Hi Jim

Yeah your'e right. I found that on the passenger side it was the connections for the thigh support adjustment. I've used silicon grease and this had cured that one. My drivers creak was where the back fixes to the rails! All solid but some grease just took away that creak. It's ben bugging me for ages..

Cheers

Mark