Help S3 8l or 8p

S3 AEX

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm due to finish my driving ban soon and am planning on getting another S3 as there the only car for me unless I had 20+k for a rs4. The problem is I'm really stuck on whether I should get a 8l or 8p I've had 3 8l's an really love them I just think they have more character than the 8p's but sayin that ive never drove the 8p so part of me thinks I should move up to the newer model prob about a 57 or 58 plate. Can any one help me decide?? Like pros for n against each model, 75% of me is 8l cheers guys

You need to test drive an 8P and make the decision yourself, in my opinion. Sure the 8L has the looks, but it's an older and slower car, plus you need monies spent on the suspension to make it go round corners properly, the 8P is a rapid machine out the box.

Cheers jojo I suppose the wise thing would be to test drive the 8p reckon that's what I'll do then maybe that will sway me to go out with the old and in with the new if I did get the 8p then a full miltek and remap from jbs would deffo be in order.

Cheers jojo I suppose the wise thing would be to test drive the 8p reckon that's what I'll do then maybe that will sway me to go out with the old and in with the new if I did get the 8p then a full miltek and remap from jbs would deffo be in order.

See with those mods alone, that 300bhp+, the 8L can't get anywhere near that without serious money spent on it! Don't get me wrong, I love my 8L, but when the option is available to have a newer and faster machine, then why not?

As jojo says really. Now, the 8ls are getting very old. There's more of those wear and tear things going wrong. Power wise there's no comparison. If I had the spare casish 8pnis where I'd be looking. Instead I got to save for a house!

LOL..Rav is looking for a new house for his new hubby ;)

Especially now he has just outted himself X