Help, running (idling) issue

Turk1sh

Reaction score
I've got a 2.0tdi SLine SE (170) and recently had the cam belt and a service done (separate)

I had no issues that I noticed before or after the cam but since the service it idles lumpy at cold start. I can't think of anything that would have been done during the service that could cause this.

Any thoughts?

I have experienced a slight hesitation a couple of times before the cam and service.

The injectors have been done under the recall.

Any thing I can try before I get stung by the dealers, basics please I'm not 100 tech minded so no techie talk - simples please

Holidays are probably the reason for the slow replies Matey. Sorry, can't help other than recommend you take it to your friendly neighbourhood indie garage who can run a diagnostic check on it. Could be quite a few things....but a diagnostic check could point you in the right direction.

Wouldn't have thought a cambelt change ( if done properly ) shouldn't be the root cause.

BR
A

Any other symptoms? I have the same as you, except mine also produces excessive amounts of black smoke under acceleration and just when ticking over. I havEnt had my cambelt done recently but it's been suggested I might have a vacuum / boost leak somewhere, like a split hose. See my thread for more info.