Help Required

BishNishMan

Reaction score
Hi Guys - a few questions that all sound really easy but I'm struggling with. Any help would be much appreciated!

I've got an 09 A3 S-Line 1.8T, with SatNav, Bluetooth etc

1) When I press the button to 'flip out' the SatNav screen and try to insert a CD, it makes a weird noise and won't let me enter the CD. Tried everything but nothing seems to be working?

2) I can't change the time in the car, so it's currently an hour too fast! It won't let me manually alter the time, or the source that it's reading it from, and it's driving me mental!

3) The button on the side of the right-hand side wiper control, that flicks through things such as MPG, distance until fuel required etc....is 'stuck' on my current speed as a digital display. That's fine normally as that's what I keep it on - but it'd be nice to be able to check the MPG now and again etc.

I know these sound like 3 really stupid questions and far from the usual techy talk on here - but they're all really annoying!

Any help much appreciated :)

Cheers

BishNishMan

Time to take it back mate. No point in fiddling about while its under G/Tee...i would guess thatr as the RNSE gets the time from the dash clock and the RNSE also links to the DIS...you have an RNSE problem. sounds like the little stepper motor that grabs the CD is jaming as well ? you could chase the problem with Vagcom but why not just let Audi sort it.

Looks like I'll have to mate. Was hoping it might be something obvious as I don't really want to be without the car for a day as I need it for work.

Cheers anyway.

Well as its 09 make sure you get a loan car for your trouble !!!

At the expense of stating the obvious, but have you havent mentioned ejecting the Nav Disc before trying to insert a CD, have you managed that? My Nav unit came coded so you couldn't eject the Nav Disc (security feature), so it could be that, i.e. the Nav Disc is in the unit, hence you can't put a CD in. I got Audi to change it so I could.