Help required O rings ?

mojocvh

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm having a wee issue with faint petrol smell in the engine compartment.

Now I was working on the car a couple of weeks ago [YES RESULT!] and moved the fuel rail and injectors for access....now having above symptom, thinking the O rings [which weren't replaced at the time due to the snow falling lol] have moved from their "set" position/shape.

Now due to a PC disaster I've lost a whole load of info, some of which was a source for O rings that aren't made of platinum.

Does anyone have a link to a supplier in the UK please.

cheers

Mo.

OK this is a bit weird despite having searched the site google gives a link back to as.net.

So for info this is the link for injector O ring seals

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/1-8t-injector-seals.183066/

gives

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p5...m+Bore+VITON+Rubber+O-Rings/product_info.html

I am presuming that "BS203 3.53mm Section 7.52mm" will do for my 1.8 AJL??

thanks again

Mo.

Last edited:
Thanks aragon, still trying to figure it out, seems to be if its been a very cold start, around drivers side faint fuel/exhaust smell

Check the exhaust manifold for cracks, and also the n80 valve (purge valve) on the airbox make sure pipes not split or cracked etc

Spray some brake cleaner round the injectors to clean around them and get everything dry then recheck to see if any are wet etc also try spraying in short burst whilst moving/poking the injectors slightly whilst engine is running to see if the idle pick ups do each injector one by one and with say 30 sec intervals.

Thanks bradders totally forgot about your trick will try it at weekend, found a N80 metal pipe wrapped with tape on a bend [just inches away from purging valve] pretty annoyed but will investigate as well......tape unwrapping due to ageing and flapping in the breeze.......

The only metal pipe on the n80 is the one that runs along the side of the airbox into the tip which is after the F hose, which if it was leaking/drawing air in would cause running issues as it may be pulling in unmetered air.

My3am bad, lower plastic pipe running across rear bulkhead to one way valve on rubber pipe on scavenging system under intake manifold..