Help required dash problems

zoney

Reaction score
Ok where to start
well last year when car was serviced the next day i got a lot of faults flashing up on the dash when it does the checks so the car was recovered back to the garage and they couldn't find any faults even with vagcom . A year has passed and on Saturday the car chucked up the service message on the dash OK I'll book it in on Monday . So i had to nip out today started the car and it cut out and started chucking up errors on the dash brake system red light a red exclamation mark and when i press the check button i get check brake fluid and hydraulic fluids along with a light error along with a constant tone like the doors open instead of the bleeps . Along with this nothing works on the instrument cluster rev counter fuel gauge speedo etc . Ive disconnected the battery left it for 10 mins makes no difference ( battery's new April 2014) so now have the esp symbol on the dash but even after driving for 10 mins it hasn't gone out

I had the RAC out and they plugged it into there computer which brought up a few faults which he cleared down but the one that remained was a 00668 30+ voltage fault .

Any help and advise welcomed to what the problem could be

Sounds like it could be a brake light switch.
Easy change,under steering column.

Brake lights are working so i would have thought that would rule the brake light switch out

The 30+ voltage would probably be referring to a positive feed that should come on with the ignition.
When you turn the ignition on, what else works? Can you hear the fuel pump, do the wipers work etc...
Could be something as simple as a relay maybe.. but why it happens when it needs a service is bizarre, unless its purely coincidental..

Hi.everything works fine ,wipers ,radio,lights etc.i checked the fuses and they are ok.in my case there is no "service " showing on dash ,but the rest is the same like on the video.

Hi.i know it was a while ago,but did you managed to sort out this problem? Was is brake light switch or something else? I have now exactly the same thing:( thank you

Hi sorry for taking so long to get back to you but i only got the car back on Friday the problem was a faulty instrument cluster which cost 180+vat to repair now all works and no faults when scanned with vag com