1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help required by some one with vagcom please. 00655 seat belt problem, cash paid

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by rob.dren.1981, Nov 18, 2012.

1. rob.dren.1981

rob.dren.1981 New Member

hi really need someones help . i have an audi 2006 tfsi 3 door , i'm getting code 00655 (passenger side seat belt igniter) on my scanner tool , however it will not delete. i have spoken to steve at c&R of nottingham and he suggests replacing the passenger front seat belt unit. i've tried every where to get a second hand unit but no on seems to have one available that hasn't been triggered. i cant currently afford a new one £200 due to the time of year . so until i can, could some one in the EAST MIDLANDS area please turn the passenger one off only, so i still have some of my air bag system active in the intrim . obviously ill pay you for your service.

many thanks rob 07854298907
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. Gizmo68

Gizmo68 VCDS owner in Kent

Rob that DTC is for the seatbelt tensioner ignitor not the airbag, the yellow plug under the seat is for the airbag:
    [h=2]00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154)[/h][h=3]00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154): Resistance too High[/h][h=3]00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154): Short to positive[/h][h=3]00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154): Short to ground[/h][h=4]Possible Symptoms[/h]
    • Malfuncton Indicator Light (MIL) active
    [h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
    • Wiring/Connectors from/to Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154) faulty
    • Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154) faulty
    [h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
    • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154)
      • Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
    • Check Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154)
    [h=4]Special Notes[/h]
    • When "Short to positive" or "Short to ground" is found, DO NOT CLEAR THE DTC. This can cause the tensioner to deploy. See repair manual for more information.