1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help ppl... 2.5tdi quattro springs

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by deemci3, Sep 8, 2011.

1. deemci3

deemci3 New Member

hey people i have an 03 2.5tdi quattro and im concidering lowering it a bit, i have a set of 60ml srings from the same yr 1.9tdi would they fit and would they be okay? also i put a set of hid lights in recently and wen i put them on at times they bring up the bake, esp and abs lights??? does any1 know wats going on there?
  2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The warning lights are probably due to the high voltage ballasts interfering with the crash/abs sensors.

Are the 1.9 springs from a quattro too? If they are then they'll 'fit' but the weight loading will be wrong as the V6 is obviously a heavier engine, so the ride height will be incorrect and I expect it will handle badly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
  3. deemci3

deemci3 New Member

no they are just from a normal 1.9 tdi audi a4, regarding the lights how can i correct the problem?
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

quattro and fwd springs aren't compatible I'm afraid.

You could try moving the ballasts to the bulkhead, basically as far away from the lights as possible. It's not a guaranted fix, but worth a try.
  5. S3 GAZ

S3 GAZ Member

Moving ballasts further back solved the problem for me. Now 6 months and no warnings :)