1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help plz

BigAdy May 31, 2012

1. BigAdy

BigAdy Member

Hi can anyone help me i was driving in the rain today and after about 13miles the engine seem to die on me i turn key off then started striaght back up 4 times this happend but now no power only revs to 1100rpm
    hope this makes sense to anyone lol

2. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Need to do or get a VCDS scan really, as there will (more than likely) be fault codes associated with it. Also, What engine is it???

3. BigAdy

BigAdy Member

Ahu m8 havnt got a VCDS scan handy or know anyone who as :-(

4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

When was the fuel filter changed last time ?

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Again, what engine, it's hard to diagnose without an idea what engine is in your car

6. BigAdy

BigAdy Member

Sorry its 1.9tdi 90bhp ahu engine ,and not sure with filter as i have only had the car 4 months

7. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Have a look at the vcds forum/map there is someone not too far from Durham

8. BigAdy

BigAdy Member

came back Accelerator Position Sensor 1/2 will a new one sort it out and is they different ones i have no clue :)

9. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

I would check inside the ecu box for water, there are a few connections that will corrode when water gets inside especially if the rubber bungs/drains are blocked: 1 is under the battery tray and the other under the servo...

10. BigAdy

BigAdy Member

Thanks to everyone was damp in the sensor must of been leaking water onto it will check drains asap :)