Help Please

Hitchmiche

Reaction score
I have a1999 A6 and the central ĺocking will not work, I have 2 key fobs, when I open a door manually the lights flash for about 4-5 minutes then it's fine, as soon I open any door the lights flash again, also there is a bleeping sound coming from the boot,

Anyone know what the problem could be and a advice on how to fix please.

Many thanks.

I have a1999 A6 and the central ĺocking will not work, I have 2 key fobs, when I open a door manually the lights flash for about 4-5 minutes then it's fine, as soon I open any door the lights flash again, also there is a bleeping sound coming from the boot,

Anyone know what the problem could be and a advice on how to fix please.

Many thanks.

Check the batteries in the remote controls

Changed the batterys and had the fobs tested and they are working fine, my local car shop says I may need to sync my fobs to my car ??
Anyone got any idea how I do that please?
Many thanks

You will need BOTH remote key fobs to reprogram one or both of them.

1. Take the key you DO NOT want to reprogram and put it in the ignition.

2. Turn the ignition on but DO NOT start the engine.

3. Put the second key in the drivers door lock. Whilst it is in the lock press the UNLOCK button once only (the lights should flash on the car but the doors will remain locked).

4. With the second key still in the drivers door lock, unlock and then lock the door again.

5. Remove the key from the door lock.

6. Open the car and remove the key from the ignition.

7. Now test the key that you have reprogrammed, the one you have removed from the door lock.

If both your remotes don't work, do all of the above for the first key, but at step number 3. press the UNLOCK button TWICE. The light will flash twice and then proceed onto step 4 and finish the procedure.

Hi Alan thanks for your reply, I've tried what you recommended but still not working , I'm now scratching my head as to how solve this problem.
Many thanks

Could do with getting a vcds scan done to see what faults show up.
Also is the carpet dry on the front passenger side.

Yes the carpet is now dry, would most garages be able to do a vcds scan?
Many thanks

Was it wet at some point then.
If it was then the problem is likely to be the CCM that is under the carpet.
Most garages will be able to do a fault scan.

Yes Alan I had water get in the car and into the ecu under the carpet when we had the bad rains, but a local garage said they removed the ecu and dried it out.

Still could have damaged it so you need a vcds scan to find out exactly what's going on.