Help please....see inside!

Mr.G

Reaction score
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?94007-Need-your-help-with-a-problem!

Lads could you do me a big favour here and give me some help on this. It's my Boss's car and I'd really like to help her out. It's frustrating when spending money doesn't sort the problem out.

See link above!

Oh...and thanks....a lot for any help you can provide. The TT lads won't even reply, I know you A3/S3 lads are very supportive so I'm hoping you can help.

G

Yeah, a VAG COM scan ill at least tell you which sensor has triggered the alarm.

If the beeping sounds a little like a Casio watch alarm and is coming from the rear left then it's deffo the alarm 'siren' if you can call it that.

Does she get 3 beeps from the rear when she starts the car up, if so its probably the alarm back up battery, they stop holding charge and then this sets the alarm off. Would think the TT is the same as the S3 so you'll have to change the alarm siren as the battery as its built into this, although do a search as I think someone has done a write up on changing the battery over. New siren cost between £60-£80 iirc takes about half an hour to an hour to change on the S3, and the new siren has a different bracket (this maynot be the case on the TT)

i think i have a siren in the shed from my old 1.8tq. looks like a horn with a plug on the bottom right?

If it is the siren its an easy job to replace the batteries just get a couple from Maplins little soldering and jobs a gooden. Did this on my Mothers and have the spares for mine. although its a pain in the **** to get to it

Wow thanks lads I knew you would come up with something.

I think first call is to replace this battery backup. Those links even have the part numbers so once again thanks. I'll let you know how we get on.

G

Simples sell it and buy an Audi!!!!! lmao.

Yep and then you can have the following problems instead.... (like me)

Bottom arm front bushes, broken driver's window (the clips - again), squeaky brakes.

S3s are nice cars, and I wouldn't trade mine, BUT, they aren't the best when it comes to reliability!