1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please :( Passenger window not going the whole way up!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Audi-Chick, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Audi-Chick

Audi-Chick New Member

[Dec 12, 2012]
    Morning all!

I have a 01 Audi A3 and have had problems with the windows (amongst plenty of other things) since I bought the darn thing, but this morning I wound the passenger window down, in order to be able to see through it, and now it won't go the entire way back up. It gets to halfway and then winds back down again. It has done this for quite a while and normally if I hold the button up it eventually goes all the way up. However this morning it seems to think that the window it completely closed when in fact its 2-3 inches from the top. Is there anyway of getting the window up manually? I'm concerned with the bad weather on the way that leaving it open is going to damage my car even more, and it really doesn't need help in that department! I have tried lifting it manually, advice from the other half thats 200 miles away, but that doesn't seem to want to make it move and I am conscious that I may break the window if I'm too rough with it. :( Any advice or help on how to get the damn thing back up would be gratefully received.

Anne
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 25, 2014]

3. dancupra225

dancupra225 Member

[Dec 12, 2012]
    Just done mine it be the clips broken go scrap yard and get a new clIPs be fine again ..
  4. Mr Footlong

Mr Footlong Stalking Kate Beckinsale

[Dec 12, 2012]
    I had this with the one we just bought, caught it during the test drive. With precise timing after pressing the up button, careful jiggling and a bit of patience I got the window back up. had that fixed before picking the car up.

You have got no choice other than to persuade it up while pressing the up button or get some duct tape on their stat for the drive home?
  5. cecilthesausage

cecilthesausage ...It's Never Finished...

[Dec 12, 2012]
    Just open door and put your hand on outside of window and help it up while pressing the button.... I have same problem on both my windows.....
  6. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

[Dec 12, 2012]
    I believe the best thing to do is to purchase the Audi A6 clips for it as they are re-enforced with metal and not fully plastic.
  7. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

[Jan 20, 2013]
    My passenger window has dropped, I've bought the eBay kit ready to crack on with it. I just wondered has anyone done it???

I took door panel off, then metal sheet behind removed 8 x10mm screws , undid all electric plugs for speaker , window ect but I couldnt remove the metal panel there was still something holding it. Like I said today was a practice run just to see what I'm up against for when the kit arrives but anyone who has done this before and has a tip or two let me know please.

Sean
  8. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 20, 2013]
    Isnt there a way to 'relearn' the window fully up and down?
    something like hold the up button till its all the way up then push up and release, then hold it all the way down then push down and release?

Im sure i screwed my windows up before and did this and they have worked ok since.
  9. chris99

chris99 s3 driver

[Jan 20, 2013]