1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE - just fitted lowering springs ??????

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by AGU-TURBO, Jul 24, 2010.

1. AGU-TURBO

AGU-TURBO Audi a3 1.8t AGU

hi, ive put 30mm lowering springs on my a3 1.8t and just noticed that my top munts sit higher than they did before on both sides, before they were very nearly touching the inner wing but now there is a few inch gap. is this normal after fitting lowering springs. any help on this please
  2. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

no, sounds like you've done something wrong.

The top mounts, and the way they sit in the body shouldnt change at all when you change the springs.

you simple remove the top mount and bearing from the shock, undo the top cap holding the spring, replace the spring, then just replace everything else as it came off.

How does the car sit height wise?
  3. 5teve L

5teve L Member

As above,they should stay the same. Mine diod on my S3 when I did them the other week.... You maybe put something back on the wrong way ?
  4. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

you have put the top mount assemble back together wrong. Maybe put the little cup bit in the wrong way round
  5. AGU-TURBO

Hi everyone thanks for the replys but ive checked against a diagram i got off net and i same as mine. car is sitting fine, ive ordered some new bushes and bearings so see if that makes any difference. maybe the extra preasure on the old bushes as just squashed them. i don't no im just guessing lol. noticed today as well that when im turning the right hand side is making a noise. it sounds like the spring is grabbing (if you no what i mean)
  6. AGU-TURBO

7. AGU-TURBO

8. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

doesnt look that bad tbh i expect thats due to the new angle of the damper due to being lowered

there wont be any harm in putting new top mounts and rear wishbone bushes on... but really you want new dampers
  9. AGU-TURBO

Just thought i would let everyone no that i changed the bushes and bearings for the top mounts and it has sorted the problem. they are sitting properly now