1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please from any one with coilovers & photos please

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ash B, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm thinking about ordering some coilovers this weekend from DPM, just wondering any one 60mm and lower can you please post some photos up with comments on ride quality, what coilovers you have and how low you are. Sportsback, 3door A3 or S3 would help and be greatly appreciated. If any one asks my alloys are 18".

Cheers
  2. Indie_DSG

Indie_DSG Member

Hi Benskin07,

I fit a set of Weitec Coilovers to my ride and it looks good (pic to follow) I think its now lower by 45-50mm.

I'd really resist going lower! Ride quality is good and handling much better.
    Remember if you go lower be prepaired to get the front splitter re done every so often as curbs cause hell on the front!

I only ground out when going over those shitty small square speed bumps where I find stradling two of them works best.

I'll try and get some pics over soon.
  3. Indie_DSG

Indie_DSG Member

[​IMG]
  4. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Cheers for the advice mate, bet car looks good lowered that further 50mm. Yeah the splitter will be an issue but £20 now and then i cant really complain. Just have to reverse on to my drive. Yeah speed bumps were an issue as some areas in Cardiff, there speed bumpers are ridiculous. Lookg forward to the photos Thanks again
  5. Indie_DSG

Indie_DSG Member

[​IMG]
  6. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Car looking good! Love the stance, aiming to get mine about that. I also like the alloys goes well with dolphin grey.
    Cheers for the photo
  7. Indie_DSG

Indie_DSG Member

More mods to come!