Help please! - emission control warning light

gambit

Reaction score
Hi

Any light shed on this would be immensely useful. First off I want to avoid going to the dealer for no reason so please could someone offer some alternate advice.

Basically the light comes on when engine is turned on and then goes off after couple of seconds in much the same way as the petrol refuel light does. What does this mean??? Anyone had this happen before?

I know that when you turn the key certain symbols go on and off to indicate they're working properly/switched on - is this the case here and does it happen on everyone's A3? The manual does not state whether this light will behave like this on ignition. However I've also noticed that when the key is in second position (full electrics operable) this light stays on along with the handbrake up warning light - all others go off.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Its ok, yes, the light should stay on for a second or so before going out.

Hey many thanks for a quick reply.

So to confirm if the light stays on permanently when the key is in position II (engine not yet on) this is okay??? Cheers.

Hey many thanks for a quick reply.

So to confirm if the light stays on permanently when the key is in position II (engine not yet on) this is okay??? Cheers.

yes, thanks fine too :thumbsup:

BTW, welcome to the forum, I'm afraid it may cost you a fortune in Mods if your not carefull...