Help please break pad warning light

S

Scottamdaddy

Hi guys so as some of you may know from a previous post of mine one of the jobs to tackle on my b6 is to fix the break pad warning light. I have checked the volts on both side passenger no problems driver has no power to the plug at all. Tried the paper clip trick no luck. The pad wear cable looks like it joins the abs feed and then goes into the wheel arch the metal part of all places can any one tell me where the cable goes or if there's a seperate plug for the drivers side I would rather fix the issue rather than bodge it but it's looking like I may have to cut the wire on the green plug inside the car and ground it to get rid of the light. Any suggestions would be great

Thanks in advance guys

Hi everyone, the problem am having is my break pad warning light came on, to which front & rear pads got changed but warning light for pads needing changed is still coming on now and again which is happening rather frequently, any suggestions on how to deal with this?????

Does it happen when it rains by any chance?

If so you could have a cracked plug if all is plugged in okay if all pads are new.......as water could be shorting the plug and making the connection like when the pads are at that low point.

OR

The pad itself is shorting them out.......try unplugging the pad and see if it goes. If it does go, then the pad is the issue........it is does not then the cable that connect to the pad is and work back from the plug

Any chance this has just started as the weathers got frosty?

I get this occasionally first thing when it's been a particularly cold night.

I've had it twice this past week, I've read it's something to do with the battery not being quite up to scratch and brake warning is the last in a long line of checks when you put the ignition on & for some reason likes to complain?...

I had it last winter & like I said, twice this week first thing in the morning.