Help - Part Number for Motor Intake Manifold Flap - EGR Valve

miszka20

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an Audi A4 2.0 TDI SE and I have a problem with the yellow engine management light flicks on and off. I had the car in Audi garage in Boston and after checking it they recomend fitting new EGR valve. The cost of it in Audi is about £400 which is a lot but I know that the part is available and chenging it should be easy...theory.

Could anyone send me a part number for it as I would like to buy a proper one and if anyone has got sugestions about changing it. Is it realy so easy and what i need to look at to do it myself.

Help would be reallly really appreciated :D

Cheeers

Had mine done in November 2010

Part number was A03G 131 501 R

Part cost £233 + vat at Audi

2 gaskets also at about £2 each

Hello. What model do you have. I recently had mine replaced on a 140 tdi. Was replaced by an independant but the part was genuine. Cost for the part was £246 plus VAT. Having looked at the part later could have changed it myself. Might need VAGCOM to remove the warning light after but not 100% sure on that. Have you tried cleaning it. You'd be supprised how dirty it can get. Wish I had tried this first.

Steve

Reactions: miszka20
Just looked at the part number, 03G 131 501 B. Mine is from a 2006 BRE engine.

Just noticed mm707 has also given this number.

Steve

Contact member PJMSpeedy as he can get dealer bits cheaper

It might be worth whipping it out for a good clean first, they coke up. It's a cheaper option to try, especially if you're changing it yourself anyway.

Hello again,

Thanks for all the help.

I have been in Audi again to check part number after diagnostic they have done and what they are saying is that the part number is 03G128063J. I have checked it on google and it looks like it is only Throttle body with butterfly valve in it and nothing about EGR valve. They want £400 for the job so it is a little bit odd if the part itself on eBay is about £200.

Does anyone had anythink like this because I dont want to change Throttle body if it will not solve my problem but they dont want to tell me anything alse in Audi as they want to bring car to them so they can do it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audi A4 2.0 TDI (140bhp) 2005 engine code BLB

Thanks