help on renovating yellow s3

audis3james

Reaction score
hello, I have a 2001 yellow audi s3, whats the best recommended polish to use to help restore colour and to bring it back to a shine? and to remove any black dots which are scattered around arches and bumpers etc...

thank you

Hello personally I would reccomend meguars ultimate compound, Polish and wax and a paxk of applicators. Regarding the black dots try a bug and tar remover. Give the car a thorough wash using a mitt and two bucket technique. I would also reccomend clay baring the car before compound and so on. Your probably looking at £60-80 of products listed there but they will last a while and achieve great results.

Other members will also give you other ideas and products but remember its all based on personal preference.

In my opinion meguiars is cost effective does the job and you cant damage your paintwork. Get some pictures of the car and paint on here so we cab see the damage and inperfections.

Regards shaun

Hello personally I would reccomend meguars ultimate compound, Polish and wax and a paxk of applicators. Regarding the black dots try a bug and tar remover. Give the car a thorough wash using a mitt and two bucket technique. I would also reccomend clay baring the car before compound and so on. Your probably looking at £60-80 of products listed there but they will last a while and achieve great results.

Other members will also give you other ideas and products but remember its all based on personal preference.

In my opinion meguiars is cost effective does the job and you cant damage your paintwork. Get some pictures of the car and paint on here so we cab see the damage and inperfections.

Regards shaun

thanks for that sab, I shall grab some pictures when I get home, at work at the moment, need to read through uploading photos fiirst

i do like cleaning, hope people can tell from this pic of my saxo

You need to invest in a da6 to start off with I find menzerna compound is the best on Audi paint

car was wet, so gave it a quick wipe down, but you can see what black dots I mean

That should all come off try the bug and tar remover and if thay doesnt. Work try clar bar and finally compund. Thats what I would do.

ok, I will try that this weekend if I got time, got to take car back to garage so they can fix it...

As mentioned in the other thread, James...

yeah i know, i got asked to put a pic up to show, so thats what i done, both threads were put up same day as got told to stick a thread n here