1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on mpg dash read out display updated with fault

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by madmark, Sep 22, 2009.

1. madmark

madmark Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    hello all i hav a a3 1.9tdi 110bhp x reg i have a problem i am trying to sort what i would like to know is about the mpg dash display when mine is on mpg display so i can see what mpg i am getting it jumps around from 46mpg then i get 4 blang lines ---- then it reads as much as 200mpg it just seems to give random readouts does any1s else do this and is this normal ? please help the problem i have is loss of power like the turbo doesent work but if i turn the car off and restart its fine but it is getting worse it even blow the pipe of the turbo the other day was a scary moment large bang and loads of black smoke put pipe beck on and its fine again thankyou mark
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. A3ster

A3ster Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    The ---- bit normaly happens when you dont have your foot on the accelerator :icon_thumright: and its a little hard to fit 9999999999999999999999999 MPG on the display.
  4. madmark

madmark Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    so its normal then ?
  5. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

[Sep 22, 2009]
    Yes, flick through and you can find your average mpg, the screen you describe is your current mpg and changes every few meters if i remeber, or something like that. Tells you it all in the handbook.
  6. Craig A

Craig A New Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    When your next driving along sit at 50 or what ever speed then just lift your foot completely off the accelerator an you'll see ----. Just means your not doing any MPG.:icon_thumright:
  7. madmark

madmark Member

[Sep 22, 2009]
    nice one thankyou all regarding mpg dash readout now the fault the car has loads of power witch is good lol but now and again it holds back as if its gone in to limp mode no warning lights on once it loses power its like it untill i stop and turn off the car and restart then its ok again loads of power good lol but the other day it went bang not good total loss of power and loads of black smoke it had blow the pipe that runs from the turbo in to a rad inside the drivers side front wing off ? refitted the pipe and its running fine again with loads of power again but still got that holding back problem any idear what can cause this i have replaced the temp sender and cooling fan sensors /the maf sensor/ still the same had a computor readout and it had no fault found ? any idears were to try next please help me its doing my head in and my bank balance lol:banghead:
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009