Help on a few issues please - Fitted FBMFSW and now.....

Ash B

Reaction score
Hi guys & ladies :happy:

After a bit of help got a few issues i need sorted.

First issue started about 10days ago. I can put down the passenger window using the switch myside but it wont go back up when i try it and works fine on the passenger side up/down. And there no fault codes for it any suggestions? Everything was connected up and nothing seems to be visibly broken.

Second issue possibly related to the above driverside speakers has just stopped working completely all wired up fine nothing broken or not connected. And again no fault codes, suggestions? New speaker? New loom? Pretty sure when i checked it was showing too negative wires or positive cant remember as this issue started back in June and i just forgot about it. Going to rescan the car this weekend hopefully with my friend and see if there any new fault codes.

Third issue which is really annoying had a fbmfsw fitted two weeks ago this friday coming and since then i've had the yellow steering light on and the steering wheel is heavy as if it has no power steering at all.
When the new wheel was fitted we had a new module, slip ring and air bag harness loom. Should i of changed the angle sensor? Rhyso scanned it for me yesterday and it bought up these:

Fault code 02546 - steering limit stop
00778 - steering angle sensor - no or incorrect basic setting. module, slip. He couldnt even adjust the steering at all as vagcom wouldnt let him kept bring up error everytime.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I had this problem. You need to perform the basic setting on the steering angle sensor. Can't remember off the top of my head how to do it. Just looking for my old post which might detail it......

You obviously stuck this up before before reading your message on FB :p

Haha i did:p

I had this problem. You need to perform the basic setting on the steering angle sensor. Can't remember off the top of my head how to do it. Just looking for my old post which might detail it......

Have a look here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/122098-project-fbmfsw-step-1-a.html

Towards the bottom of the page I try and explain what I did. Hope that helps.

Cheers fella :thumbsup:

I have the same issue with my passenger window any luck with that yet ash?

If you need any new front Speakers ....I have 2 for sale .... :icon_thumright:

Nothing yet mate. Going to take the doorcard off later and have a look if i cant be bothered. If not will just do it on the weekend. It's quite annoying :happy: lol

have you done the reset on the switch for the comfort function?, ie putting the window all the way down holding for 5 seconds holding up for around 10, repeat a few times, sometimes the comfort function gets screwed no faultcodes will register, if youre really strugling ive got 2 door modules for your car capable of autodim and folding lying around i can do a good price on

also have you tried shutting via the key too? ie holding lock or unlock?

Switch contacts could be worn on that path, damaged or just need cleaning, strip it down & test with meter if need be for a circuit path.

Still got the steering wheel light on, did the procedure off Ross Tech. Didnt do anything so will give it another go tonight.

have you done the reset on the switch for the comfort function?, ie putting the window all the way down holding for 5 seconds holding up for around 10, repeat a few times, sometimes the comfort function gets screwed no faultcodes will register, if youre really strugling ive got 2 door modules for your car capable of autodim and folding lying around i can do a good price on

also have you tried shutting via the key too? ie holding lock or unlock?

Done that last night working fine now:happy: :thumbsup:

Switch contacts could be worn on that path, damaged or just need cleaning, strip it down & test with meter if need be for a circuit path.

Thanks for the information Nigel. Do you believe that could be the issue with the speaker or window?

Speaker could be hardware or wiring, check the loom in the door hinge area, prone to breaks, just try other side speaker in there, also the back of the speaker is also prone to water given the rain run of channel drops above the speaker from the glass seal, but speakers usually dont go wrong, because of this stupid design fault imho.

Last edited:
Still got the steering wheel light on, did the procedure off Ross Tech. Didnt do anything so will give it another go tonight.

Done that last night working fine now:happy: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the information Nigel. Do you believe that could be the issue with the speaker or window?

glad you got it fixed lad

as for the steering am i correct in saying after the adaptation you've put full lock either way a few times? sometimes the pump doesn't engage first time

Yes turn the wheel and also drive the car a few metres should extinguish the light.

As NHN hints at, there's no pump, it's an electric rack.