1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Oil Pressure, Coolant level/temperature AutoCheck warning symbols no beeps???

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3 Es, Dec 4, 2012.

1. S3 Es

S3 Es Member

[Dec 4, 2012]
    Hi,

I've had my S3 nearly a month now and since Ive had it its had these big red symbols coming up on the auto check cycle, I checked the manual and these relate to oil pressure and coolant, though I had the car serviced about 2 weeks ago and had a full fresh 5L of Shell Helix Ultra 5w-30 with new filter and full topped with coolant, Ive checked both and and they seem fine.

During that service I had the engine coolant temp sensor replaced with the superseded part as this was giving a fault code but its been on the snap-on diag since and all is clear!

The car itself seems fine other than perhaps being a little rough for my liking on first start but hey there was ice on the winscreen when i started it so the cold wasnt helping lol, Audi recently done a coil change and health check and nothing raised...

I dont want to leave it till it goes bang so can I get some urgent help guys!!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. phil miller

phil miller Member

[Dec 4, 2012]
    Does it do this when you open the car door before you start the engine?
  4. S3 Es

S3 Es Member

[Dec 4, 2012]
    Yes, but I started it waited a min or two the ran the Auto Check cycle again and same thing?

I get what it could be if it had beeps but mine has not beeped at all, I was wondering did the previous owner maybe remove the fuse to stop it beeping but that would stop all bongs and when i open the door with headlights it still beeps so shouldn't be that?
  5. phil miller

phil miller Member

[Dec 4, 2012]
    Mine done this, couldnt find a reason scanned it lots of codes but nothing, i disconnected my battery for 24 hours and its been find ever since, that was a month ago

has it started doing this since very heavy rain? mine started after very heavy rain and i think it got damp somewhere, maybe on the bulk head where all the wires go thro on the o/s

im sorry i cant be more helpful dude
  6. S3 Es

S3 Es Member

[Dec 4, 2012]
    Hmmm, cant say i have paid attention to the rain in relation to this actually, thanks though hopefully a few more will pas through and we can both benefit!
  7. S3 Es

S3 Es Member

[Dec 5, 2012]
    Still urgently need help with this!
  8. A3YDO

A3YDO Member

[Dec 12, 2012]
    Ive got the exact same problem with my S3 mate, get one beep every now and then but nothing showing up on dash but when i run the Auto Check cycle it comes up with the oil pressure and the coolant and car is running fine and had a service and got plenty of coolant and oil in it.