1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP oil leak ?? 98 agu 1.8t ???oil filter housing or oil cooler??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ScottScodude30, May 18, 2012.

1. ScottScodude30

ScottScodude30 Member

Anyone help I had my oil pick up replaced as had the dreaded oil pressure warning light and ever since I've had this oil leak when car is running, I get a oil build up just above sump on front of block on the lip which in time fills upp and runs down from of sump, I replaced oil filter housing gasket and oil cooler gasket but still no joy the oil is defo coming from near oil filter housing and it's not above it it anything ?? Confused and very frustrated anyone have a idea what it could be as don't want to keep throwing money at it hoping somebody knows where oil is coming from????
  2. S3featesV9

S3featesV9 Active Member

Pics might help buddy...sure it's not the sump gasket?
  3. ScottScodude30

ScottScodude30 Member

Nag thought that but it's not as it's coming from above and building up on ledge above where sump bolts bolt up onto right by oil filter housing
  4. ScottScodude30

ScottScodude30 Member

Wondering if the cooler may be cracked or the housing itself ??? Anyone help getting rather annoyed with it now