HELP !! OEM Bluetooth into my RNS-E and Phonebook wont read from phone !!

sc00byd00byd00

Frank and Beans...............
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've managed to connect up my Nokia N86 and it reads all the contacts and puts it into the phonebook, although it puts it" Surname First" which i'm not best pleased with......... maybe thats just my OCD kicking in.

Its my Mrs phone thats the issue here. She has a Samsung Tocco Ultra, thing is, when it tries to read her contacts, all the entries come up like this;

10052010750.jpg

Anybody got an idea why it says this ???

some phones use a different stanrd, on mine: iphone / nokia = perfect..... HTC = no names at all...

some phones use a different stanrd, on mine: iphone / nokia = perfect..... HTC = no names at all...

Balls !! Really ?????

Thats not very good is it ? I read the manual last night, it said to enable the Remote SIM so that Bluetooth Devices Such as Handfree Kits like Parrots can access the phonebook once authorised.

I've checked on the Parrot Website and the Tocco Ultra (S8300) is apparently compatible. The RNS-E must use the same language / protocols to read the phonebook as the parrot does ? There must be a firmware upgrade that can be done to get this working, I can't be ***** entering in over 200 contacts into the RNS-E Directory :( That wheel on the front of the RNS-E aint the easiest thing to use.

Perhaps somebody could write something like what Nokia PC Suite does and has them editable via bluetooth on a Laptop ???

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

stressed-out.jpg

Last edited: