1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by a3james, May 18, 2012.

1. a3james

a3james Member

Hi all

The car alarm went off on my mums car last night which was weird i went straight out there to find her car jacked up with the front wheel off laying on the floor which two ba****ds running down the road with a bag, they left the jack and four breeze blocks behind so hopefully we will have some prints on them !

I put the wheel back on and ever since the alarm keeps going off. Is it possible they could of damaged a sensor or something not to sure how they work to be honest.

Thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. mjr901

mjr901 Parts Manager - (Main Dealer)
    Gold Supporter Audi Main Dealer Audi S3

Not more wan****!!!

I would have been in HOT PURSUIT.

so they didn't get away with anything then?

4. a3james

a3james Member

yeah they got away i phoned the police and they gave me all the usual **** saying we will send somebody round in the morning to get finger prints etc. They did not seem to surprised tho im really annoyed i dont no how they managed to get a locking wheel nut to fit it but i was quite happy the alarm done its job otherwise they might have had the whole set. As for the alarm it still wont go off i think the neighbours are stating to get annoyed.

5. mjr901

what wheels do you have?

Full blown flood lights and CCTV is what you need. and a Rottweiler.

I can't believe some of these people!!

6. mjr901

But hell, what's the quality of this jack they used!?

7. Jameze

Jameze James

Get some McGard locking nuts on there ASAP. In the meantime, I'd put the car in a garage (if possible) or keep it at a different address. Don't give them chance again until you've got some different locking nuts on there!

8. a3james

a3james Member

The new five spoke rotors and i know but the car gets parked round the side of the house so its not that visable but theres not alot of spaces im lucky to find a space close to the house.

9. a3james

a3james Member

Im taking a trip down to halfords in the morning i need to get another set ill put them on need to try and sort this alarm out in the meantime it just will not stop screaming. :(

10. Jameze

Jameze James

You tried turning the tow sensor off and seeing if that stops the alarm going off? That might help you figure out if they've maybe damaged a sensor or something - I assume it was this sensor that was triggered when the car was moved.

No idea where the sensor is or anything though - I'm sure someone here will know.

11. a3james

a3james Member

its a cheap little scissor jack one that come standard with cars. it would have been nice if they left a decent jack. it really annoys me how people get so jelous and have to steal other peoples things.

12. mjr901

Ah man. that's rubbish.

I couldn't sleep at night knowing the pikeys were about.

i'd be sat on the porch in my rocking chair all night with the shotgun propped up just nicely. A squirrel, a badger or anything thats messing about, bang. no mercy.

13. a3james

a3james Member

Tell me about it its horrible knowing that you have thieving scum looking at your possessions wanting to steal them. Especially when your aleep.