Help needed with s4 wheel choice .....

mrMISTeRYo

Reaction score
Hi all, still very new to the forum and audis in general. This is my first 4wd car and im currently in the hunt for some new rims, the car is a 2000 W and is running standard 17" avus s4 wheels. From what i have read previously the width of these alloys is 7.5j. Im looking at merc and vw rims but alot of them seem to be different widths front to back - i.e. 8.5j front and 9.5j rear .. .. ..my questions is will this difference in width affect the 4wd system? Or is anyone running this sort of setup already without any problems?
Help much appreciated,
Mitch.

So long as the rolling radius remains the same on all 4 wheels, i cant see why the torsen diff would care.

if the fronts were a 45 profile and the rears a 55... then you may have issues.

Rob

(P.S: on a side note, will we be seeing you again tonight at sainsburys?)

Hey rob, yes will be there tonite, the reason im asking about the wheels is that ive seen a set of lorinser alloys locally which look like the dogs danglies which i may end up getting if all is well with the fitment. Et is 37 i think ....did u have any probs fitting ur amg wheels?

Nope no issues and mine ate ET37 too, plus there is scope for space on the inside edge...