1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP NEEDED WITH MY TURBO !!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by motfree, Sep 12, 2010.

1. motfree

motfree Member

[Sep 12, 2010]
    HI THERE NEW TO THIS SITE BUT GIVING IT MY BEST :-D

JUST BOUGHT AN S3 2000 AND I THINK IT NEEDS A NEW TURBO AS I CANT GET BOOST AT ALL AND THERE IS BLUE SMOKE COMING OUT EXHAUST ON IDLE .. AT THE MO TURBO SOUNDS LIKE A JET BUT CANT GO FASTER THAN 80MPH WITHOUT REALLY STRUGLING

ANYWAYS WANT TO FIT A NEW TURBO BUT BEEN TOLD ITS A NIGHTMARE COULD ANYONE HELP AND GIVE ME ADVICE ON REMOVING AND FITTING A NEW TURBO ? BEEN TOLD BEST WAY IS REMOVE SUB FRAME AND STEERING RACK ??

CHEERS
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp?

[Sep 12, 2010]
    First no need to shout and turn off the caps

2nd no need to remove the sub frame or steering rack

The turbo can be removed from above if your a adequate mechanic, the easiest way to do it is to remove the head as you will have more room to work
  4. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

[Sep 12, 2010]
    Did you buy the car like that or did you blow the turbo? If you bought it like that, did you not notice before you bought it?

You can get the turbo fully rebuilt by CR Turbos for just over the £400 mark. Welcome to CRTurbos

If you don't know what you're doing then give it to a mechanic who knows how to do it. It's quite a job to get to it so don't attempt it!
  5. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp?

[Sep 12, 2010]
    Where about are you?
  6. motfree

motfree Member

[Sep 12, 2010]
    No just happend :-( but got a good buy on it .. Found a k04 turbo for £280 on eBay as mine isn't even getting boost so presume it's gone completely !!
    Got my mate helping tomorrow to get this off so I can make sure on model of turbo as it has a fmic and is kicking out 280 bhp so kind of thinking not a standard turbo ? Tried to have a look but no chance of seeing until some bits moved !
    Cheers for help guys
  7. motfree

motfree Member

[Sep 12, 2010]
    And located merseyside ...