Help needed where a vac pipe goes on my 1.8t bfb engine

stevie1969

Reaction score
DSC 0690
DSC 0690 Hi All,I'm a bit stuck on getting my audi running right,i brought it with a snapped cam belt,i've put another head on but i've noticed that a small pipe is missing on the underneath of the inlet manifold ,the part is a bracket that is bolted to the underneath of the inlet manifold by 3 bolts and the bracket holds 2 small brass coloured boxes with pipes going to them,the one i'm stuck on which is missing is a very small diameter pipe which is plastic i would of thought,it has a small elbowed rubber pipe on the fitting but no pipe to go in it,i just need to know where the pipe goes to,does it go to the ECU?? any help will be very very much appreciated ,i will try and upload a photo,thanks for reading.......

Last edited:
View attachment 150509 View attachment 150509 Hi All,I'm a bit stuck on getting my audi running right,i brought it with a snapped cam belt,i've put another head on but i've noticed that a small pipe is missing on the underneath of the inlet manifold ,the part is a bracket that is bolted to the underneath of the inlet manifold by 3 bolts and the bracket holds 2 small brass coloured boxes with pipes going to them,the one i'm stuck on which is missing is a very small diameter pipe which is plastic i would of thought,it has a small elbowed rubber pipe on the fitting but no pipe to go in it,i just need to know where the pipe goes to,does it go to the ECU?? any help will be very very much appreciated ,i will try and upload a photo,thanks for reading.......

There’s nothing missing, it vents to atmosphere when requested by the ECU, don’t worry about.
I actually made the same enquiry years ago, that’s how I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk