Help Needed, TTRS alloys on S line SB

rickypj

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I just need a bit of help to find out if a set of 18" TT RS Reps will fit and look ok on my sline sportback

They are pcd 5x112x et45,

I know they will fit but will they Appear to stick out to far? My BBS Speedlines seem to sit in the arch a fraction too much

Whats your opinions?

Thanks Rick

Have a look at my thread in my signature. My fat five alloys are the same offset (ET45) and sit flush at the front and slightly in at the rear.
I think they sit just right, no too far in or out.

Gotta say though... when my car was at its standard height they did appear to sit too far out, especially at the front. But when I lowered it and the arches and wheels were closer together they looked just right.

Is your car standard s-line height??

Thanks Ads, yeah mines stsndard s line suspension, So your a3 is the same hieght as mine?

Ads, would it not be that lowering your car a little has put a little negative (or positive, can't remember which way round it works) camber on thus tucking the top of the wheels in very slightly?

Thanks Ads, yeah mines stsndard s line suspension, So your a3 is the same hieght as mine?

Nah, mine's about 25-30mm lower at the front and 15-20mm lower at the rear than yours.

Ads, would it not be that lowering your car a little has put a little negative (or positive, can't remember which way round it works) camber on thus tucking the top of the wheels in very slightly?

I think the rear are possibily very slightly tucked in at the top, but the fronts look totally straight, and they looked the worse at standard height.
The fitters did the tracking after lowering so any tucking shouldn't be too much.

But seriously, at standard height my wheels looked embarrassing. They just looked wrong... the gaps, how they sat in relation to the body. Everything!

I was amazed at the visual difference lowering can make to a set of wheels.