Help needed to diagnose a "clunking noise"

DasAutos

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I have owned a A6 C6 since 2009 and have been happy with the car, love the car and have no plans to sell it.

The car has now been driven 120 800 km and with quite few problems. Since last week I have noticed a clunking noise when clutching at 1500 rpm in first gear. This only happens at low speed in first gear when pulling away and pressing clutch fast. For example at supermarket parking lots etc.

The noise is heard aprox 2 times and it like fades away a little in the second knock. It is one click/clunk and thats it, It never appears when pulling away in first gear, only when clutching to then put in 2nd gear. No vibrations or anything in Gearleaver or clutchpedal. And if I am not mistaking I can feel some "rubberband" effect when stepping on gas on highway, for example keep it in 3000rpm and flooring it, some slight "rubberband" pull.

I'm waiting for the weekend to inspect the front suspension, exhaust and rubber mounts.For some reason I do not think it is the actual clutch or tranny. Do you people have any guesses?

Car is a A6, 6 speed Manual 2.0TFSI BPJ

I found two videos with exactly the same sound.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTR1GXdtKNE