1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed re new Hu install for W reg June 2000 A3 8L

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by CharlieJ, Apr 9, 2013.

1. CharlieJ

CharlieJ New Member

Having decided to bite the bullet and replace the oem Concert I and Cd changer with a nice shiny brand new Kenwood KDC-BT92SD; I'm a little confused as to exactly what I need in the way of harness adaptors and facia plate etc. It's the standard rear amplified set up and I have no idea what would be needed to install the new HU and how, if possible to get it powered so that it works with the ignition key inserted like the oem setup. Any help and advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Charlie
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You'll need a PC9-404 RCA input adapter, powered antenna amp adapter an fascia plate
    Autoleads PC9-404 Audi Harness Adaptor (RCA, non-BOSE) £7.99 including VAT. PC9404. Buy discounted car audio online at In-Car Express
    CT27AA05 Aerial/Antenna VAG Active ISO Adaptor
    CT24AU07 Facia Plate for Audi A3 2000>

You may have an ignition on feed at the HU, if not then you'd need to wire one in from the fusebox, use fuse "Radio S-Kont" this will give you on/off with the keys and it'll stay live until you pull the keys out