1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed pls!!!!!

newtoaudis Jul 12, 2011

1. newtoaudis

newtoaudis New Member

hey ppl new to audis n need help pls

Tryin to locate the ignition amplifier on my p reg a3 1.8t. My haynes manul n various internet soucres tell me its bolted to the airbox but its not there n theres no evidence to suggest it every was there. looked everywhere n no joy!! does my model even have 1???? pls help

2. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

poll?

3. newtoaudis

newtoaudis New Member

sorry new to the whole forum thing didnt understand that bit n usin my fone so jus wanted to post asap to get my problem sorted lol

4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

It should be around the airbox can you follow the wires from the sparkplugs.....

ive voted by the way...:think:

5. newtoaudis

newtoaudis New Member

thsnks for replyin ive tried followin the wires from the coilpack bk but jus goes into the main wiring loom n is impossible to track after that. the air box is standard n has no sign of nething ever bein bolted to it

6. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Maybe one of the a3 guys will be along to help, take a pic of theres,,,, sorry mate, hope you get it sorted

7. newtoaudis

newtoaudis New Member

thanks ne way will try to trace them bk again tomorrow

8. AGU-TURBO

AGU-TURBO Audi a3 1.8t AGU

Hi there yes you'r ign amp is on you'r air box. if you are strugling then undo the 2 screws on top of the box and lift the filter out and you will see a heatsink - thats it

9. AGU-TURBO

10. newtoaudis

newtoaudis New Member

thanks for replyin ive looked in air box n still nothing n not in original place (as in ur pic)

11. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

I voted for the second question mark. Your welcome.

12. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi S3

the second option looks like the clear winner so far, don't know why?

13. AGU-TURBO

Ive posted a pic showing you were the wires come from. maybe you can trace it from there

[​IMG]

14. newtoaudis

newtoaudis New Member

thanks again have air box out n only wires i have comin from there r goin to air mass meter withno sign of neother cut wires etc

15. DenCar

DenCar Member

Haynes book shows it located right near the air mass wiring plug, and states its for engine code AGU.

DC