help needed please guys

S3_chris 11

Reaction score
For a while now ive had a dark blue bonnet on my car which is black btw it was bought in desperation after not being able to find a black one. After a few months gone by my brother turned up with a mint black one. He got it of a 97-98 1.6 now with mine being a 2000 quattro shelled s3 I was a bit wary with mine being a facelift, but he twisted my arm and we tried to fit it. Tried being the word. It lined up perfectly looked really good, clicked down but wouldnt shut after various attempts of slamming it and pushing down on it, it just wouldnt shut flush. The blue one is now back on. Was I right with being wary to start with. Is there any difference between a 97-98 bonnet and a facelift? As I was told it was just the front wings that were a different shape round the lights?

Also guys how much of a big or small job is it changing the radiator as there really doesnt look like much room to even get the twin fans out :s a garage I take my car to for mot said it would be between £50-100.

All help is very grateful.

Many thanks guys

Is the radiator gonna be a big job as some told me if got to take the slam pannel off to do it? Seems a bit extreme?

Is the radiator gonna be a big job as some told me if got to take the slam pannel off to do it? Seems a bit extreme?

no... you don't need to do that at all... all four bolts for the bonnet catch should be accessible from the engine bay...

<tuffty/>

This blue bonnet you speak of, if your not gunna be using it, you fancy selling it (sorry to hi jack the thread lol)