1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed for sat nav

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by lionyo, Jan 1, 2009.

1. lionyo

lionyo Member

[Jan 1, 2009]
    hi i have a 2003 audi a4 1.9 tdi sport currently it has the audi symphony tape fitted want to fit an audi navigation system to it. can anyone show me which sat nav is suitable for my car and does my car already have the ISO leads and what else is needed to install.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 1, 2009]
    just buy the rns-e for the A4, simple, ebay sellers specify which car it fits anyway, they usually sell with the magnetic gps antenna & the loom, plus the radio antenna adapter aswell, but I'm sure if you ask the seller they would supply any loom you need to convert from symphony to rns connections, make sure you have a set of 4 radio keys aswell when buying the rns-e
  4. lionyo

lionyo Member

[Jan 1, 2009]
    Is it a plug and play and do the loom or loom adaptors connect to my existing leads and what looms are needed
  5. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Jan 1, 2009]
    With the Bose Adaptor, its plug and play. I found it very easy to fit, and everything worked. There were a few wires that needed connecting up for power and the K-Line diagnostics...
    Installing the CD Changer (not really needed) cos of the MP3 SD slots, and the Audi Bluetooth adadptor was a little more complicated, but very easy !

All the info for fitting an RNS-e used to be on a site called www.navplus.us which has now moved to http://audiforum.us/rns-e/

Click on the link....and do a search........all the info you need will be here with regard to the Audi OEM SAT NAV RNS-e system....
  6. no_idea

no_idea Member

[Jan 1, 2009]
    Most of the adapters available are plug & play. Make sure you tell the supplier what options you have fitted. i.e. bose, cd changer, telephone. You will also have to do a bit of recoding with VAGCOM to get the directions displayed in the DIS.
    It is a very straight forward upgrade