1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed for my 9x19 Bentley splits.

Paul-S3 Mar 21, 2012

1. Paul-S3

Paul-S3 Member

Hi guys

I've just picked up a set of mint 9x19 Bentley Split rims as pictured below. Now from reading on here i understand that the tyre needed to fit these on the A3 is a 215/35/19. I've just been down to my local tyre place to get some tyres fitted and the guy there refused to fit that tyre size saying that its dangerous to put a 215/35 on a rim any wider than 8 1/2" wide. i argued with him that there are plenty of cars running this tyre size but he just kept refusing to fit them.

Does anyone know of where i could go that will fit stretched tyres for me, i'm based in the south wales area but will travel if not too far.

Thanx

[​IMG]

2. HIGGINS

HIGGINS Member

He is basically just telling you he is not experience denough to do it and is scared to damage the wheel.

3. Paul-S3

Paul-S3 Member

Not really, as the guy i was dealing with was a jobs worth on the front desk, he doesnt even fit tyres, lol.

4. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Where are you located???

5. Paul-S3

Paul-S3 Member

South wales

6. xanderxxx

xanderxxx Active Member

these guys are pretty good they should do it for you although its a trek Coombe Garage tyres

7. Paul-S3

Paul-S3 Member

Still getting turned away for fitting tyres on these rimz, surely someone in south wales can fit stretched tyres

8. xanderxxx

xanderxxx Active Member

As above mate theyll do them for you

9. Paul-S3

Paul-S3 Member

Looking for somewhere closer first. Thanx mate