help needed bout oil in coolant reservoir

Lex

Reaction score
hello chaps

i've had many problems with my 2.0tdi 53reg a3 as most others have also

about 3 or so months ago i had the cylinder head done due to leaking coolant, this sorted my problem with the coolant but now i see that there is lots of thick gloopy oily substance in my reservoir. i have also been getting through way too much oil recently compared to what i use to.

now does this mean that its likely the head gasket has gone AGAIN? or maybe after the cylinder-head was done the whole system wasnt flushed out and therefor there is all this gloopy mess left in my engine

i would be very annoyed it if was my head gasket again because im sure i've had like 3 now.

If anybody could shed some light on this for me would be a huge help

cheers

lex

It could possibly be where it wasn't flushed out properly, however if you oil consumption has rocketed then you may have already answered your own question :blink:

the garage which took out the work should have done everything that was needed.

is it likely that so shortly after having all this work done the head gasket can go again? surely not

so ****** annoying if that were to be the case

If the head wasn't skimmed then yes! How long did they take to change the head? As most garages need to send the head off to a local machining company

i think the whole head was replaced with the new redesigned head from audi and swaping the old one

i think anyway

OK that's good if they did do that.

I don't want to scare you but it is possible that the bottom end needs skimming I have seen this before on the other cars, especially as you said this the third time.

I'd personally flush the system again, take it for a drive and then do it again to make sure. Then keep an eye on the oil and condition of your water, and go from there.
If it was less then six months ago then I'd take it back to the garage who did it.