help needed- bonnet lid stuck!!

tboy

Reaction score
got my "check oil" light flash up, and when I tried to pop the bonnet to check the oil I couldn't get the lid to budge. I was able to pull the lever inside the footwell which popped up the bonnet and released the small catch at the front of the grill, but no amount of pulling would release the bonnet. Any ideas on how to open the bonnet?

[ QUOTE ]
got my "check oil" light flash up, and when I tried to pop the bonnet to check the oil I couldn't get the lid to budge. I was able to pull the lever inside the footwell which popped up the bonnet and released the small catch at the front of the grill, but no amount of pulling would release the bonnet. Any ideas on how to open the bonnet?

[/ QUOTE ]

So just to get this straight in my mind:

You've pulled the lever and the bonnet has popped up.

You then try and press the lever at the front of the bonnet but it won't release?

Kev.

yep- pushing/pulling that little catch that pops out of the front of the grill isn't releasing the bonnet (after pulling the lever in the footwell to "unlock" the bonnet- it pops up about an inch)

PS this is an '01 A4.

Ah, that's what I was unsure about, the A3 has a different release mech to the A4.

Have you tried pushing the bonnet back down to re-engage, then trying again? I had the same problem on a Cavalier many years back and a few attempts doing that made it re-engage.

Kev.

sorry for the confusion. You A3 guys are a lot quicker to respond /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've tried it loads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif