Help needed!..3.2Q DSG Hesitant engine ~ 2k rpm

Another satisfied customer of the new software. Any hesitation it had is completely gone. Why its not offered by Audi I don't know, the dealership that did it wanted some feedback so they could take it back to Audi. Anybody know anything about the history of this software and why it was brought about but not offered?

Regards

Rob
Nice one Rob, sounds like you have a helpful dealership. I'm not sure how it originated but the german forum that I found it on mentioned something about overheating lambdas as one of the things it cures.
It beggars belief though that it's taken the customer time and lots of wasted money to find the cure, even being told by the dealers that we were chasing a fault that wasn't there!

Hi rob thts great news! Which dealership did you use? I need to get mine done.

Cheers,

Rob
So what was the end result of the throttle body change and have you now got the car?

Glad there is another success story with the map!

:tumble: :banghead:

So what was the end result of the throttle body change and have you now got the car?

well they just rang me to say i can pick it up tomorrow. They have performed "an update" on the ECU and changed the throttle bodies. I'm just happy just to be getting the car into my hands. One of the guys i work with has VAGCom, so ill get him to hook it up and take a look at the current ECU flash etc. If I need the Audi update, i'll pop down my local.... in the ideal world, the garage im buying from should be paying, but im quite frankly bored $hitle$$ of explaining how cars work. my sanitity is worth more than the cost of the update!

Wooooo can't wait!!!!!!! im now fiding the most interesting route from Nottingham to Reading!

Cool, Have a nice drive back to acquaint yourself with the V6!. As for paying for the update, I agree you shouldn't have to but it's worth £50 just to get it done and most people willingly pay £300+ for a remap anyway which is what effectively it is.

Hello, its Tonbridge Audi in Kent. The car was going back for some paintwork so they did while it was there. I sent them the code listed here and they did the research and loaded it on. They charged half hours labour.

Regard

Rob

Hi guys, have been reading this thread and see there is a new map from Audi. Currently I have a 05 3.2 V6 sportback. Touch wood i am not experiencing any problems with it. I want to get a remap done and wanted to know what is in this Audi map? Does it improve fueling etc. Not sure if i should go for this map or get a revo or amd map. Any info would be helpful. cheers Karim

I would just make sure you have the latest Audi software on and scrap the idea of any aftermarket remap tbh. Any gains you get would be very minimal if at all

H S

It goes in again next wed to try and fix the misfire.... I would like to keep it but I need a reliable car so it depends on how they do...
watch this space :)

H S

It goes in again next wed to try and fix the misfire.... I would like to keep it but I need a reliable car so it depends on how they do...
watch this space :)

Fingers crossed then. Surely it cant be too much to get sorted!!! good luck

My car is in for its service today and have asked them to check ECU and current software - they said they'll do it if they have time (indy garage) so hopefully I'll know whether I can start bugging AUDI for this update later today :D

Best of luck getting yours sorted Paddy

Finally, some luck (if I can call it that?) - indy dealer gave me the following:

Address 01: Engine Labels: 022-906-032-BDB.lbl
Part No SW: 022 906 032 CB HW: Bas isX 3
Component: MOTRONIC ME7.1.1G 5604
Coding: 0000178

Which I guess means my car can take the update... Now all I need to do is cajole Newcastle AUDI into getting it sorted...

Yup, that will do fine Hellz, same number as mine.

Just been out around town, can't believe how much difference it makes ot the car, even just bimbling about, let alone opening it up. Mad that Audi let the car out of the factory as they did.

Rob

Hi Guys, I want to have this map done on my car. Can anyone help with the details. I contacted my local Audi and they had no idea what i was talking about. They have asked me for details or a transaction number and then they can look at getting the work done. If anyone knows what i need to give them please help. Cheers

This is the update you need. It can only be installed by an Audi dealer

TPL procedure number: 2005748/4
Internal message code 8P01A005
updates CD No. 4F0 906,961 N

This is the update you need. It can only be installed by an Audi dealer

TPL procedure number: 2005748/4
Internal message code 8P01A005
updates CD No. 4F0 906,961 N

Nice one Paddy. Now i just have to find someone near me with vagcom to check what ECU i have and if it will accept the map. Anyone with vagcom in essex/london?

Not sure about Vagcom in your area but Tonbrigde Audi uploaded the software on to my car last week. I only gave them the CD number and they researched the rest. The`re about 30 mins from the Dartford crossing. Give them a bell, they are very helpful.

Rob

Can I ask what this update does? I have a 55 plate 8P 3.2 V6 quattro DSG that I bought a year or so ago. It's just had it's 30k service but was wondering if I shuold be asking about this remap?

Stick it in park/neutral , rev it to 2k rpm and see if it can hold it steady if it can your fine and don't need to worry

A 55 shouldn't have a problem as the flash was issued at the end of 05

Think its about time I gave up on getting this update installed by Audi.....Car was in on Fri to have a replacement key coded and I enquired about getting the update installed whilst it was in there and they saud that the ECU wasn't flagging up any problems so they wouldn't install the update.
I asked if they could just install the update anyway and they refused saying that they would only do it if the ECU was flagging something up.

The hesitation is not really prominent on my car at the moment so guess I will just have to wait till it gets worse (but hope that it doesn't) or wait until I find a contact in Audi who will be willing to do the update.

Hi Guys, Just spoken to Tonbridge Audi they have been very helpful and i have passed the CD details to them. They have requested a registration number of a car that has had the Flash done. They said it would make it easier to trace what needs doing. If anyone can help please PM me. Thanks:thumbsup:

All booked in for 7th May. Local Audi have been no help so going to drive 45 miles to an Audi dealership who will do it for me. Oh what ECU am i supposed to have as I have a member from here coming to see me today to check my ECU. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Collecting mine tonight!!

Praying it's right!!

AFN...You need to read from page 13 of this thread.

022906032CA
022906032CB
022906032GH
022906032GJ

Address 01: Engine Labels: 022-906-032-BDB.lbl
Part No SW: 022 906 032 CB HW: Bas isX 3
Component: MOTRONIC ME7.1.1G 5604
Coding: 0000178

Thanks Paddy. I am going to try my local Audi again to see if they will do the update for me if not its booked in a Tonbridge. I have one of the engines listed (BMJ) and the car is starting to bog down. Done 46k. Just had a full service so everything change.

Does anyone know if this would be covered by the Audi warranty? I still have 14 months left on it. Thanks Karim

WOW... I finally have my car!I picked it up on thursday! its amazing; it is so much fun to drive! I'm really pleased with it.

However, the ESP light has come on twice since i got it ... GRRRR!! i have a feeling they have messed something up when replacing the throttle bodies/MAF/whatever else they tried. Fortunately they (the non-audi dealer) have a branch 2 minutes from my house, so its going in there for diagnostic and i'll get them to sort it! not F###ing happy, but at least its now in my hands and the local dealer is very helpful. i'll get them to check ECU details and then finally i should get the ecu flashed. I have also found a few other bits since picking the car up which they have agreed to resolve.

The 2000rpm issue isn't completely resoved but it is better after all the farting around they did! I reckon this local branch will be much more helpful than the branch up north- so should check the ECU details for me. They are also located two doors down from an Audi dealer, so i'll try and swing it in there for the update.

The trials and tribulations of 3.2 V6 ownership continue... but its well worth it !!!! :D

Rob

Another quick update, have spoken to a Senior Service Advisor at another Audi dealer (Guildford) and supplied him with the TPL procedure 2005748/4 and he has informed me that there is not anything showing in Audi's database for that TPL code and my engine code (BDB).

Is this correct?! I have a 2003 (53) 3.2 V6.

Ryan

Hi Guys, Another update. Just spoke to my local Audi and they have said they have no official update from Audi and updating Via a CD is the old fashioned way. This is not something they do and all updates are web based. Told me to go to Tonbridge if they are offering it.

They were not even willing to listen to anything even though I said I have all the details and background on it.

Called another Audi and they want to do a diagnostics first before they even consider the update. They said if it needs it they would do it after they have run the diagnostic. They said they are not willing to do it just like that in case it blows the ECU!

Oh well going to tonbridge on the 7th now. Its a complete joke really i have to drive 45 mils instead of 6!

Strikes me its about time all those on this thread write to Audi UK, as well as Honest John column. Only when they receive a whole host of letters will they take any notice and advise dealers of the fix. There might not be enough of you to make Audi do it off their own back, so motoring press might be enough to encourage them.

:readit:
macplastering
A3
IMG_1047.JPG can enny one help me with my audi a3 year 2001 1.6 auto it's had a new auto gear box fitted but the problem remains I can manualy select 1st2nd an3rd but when it's in drive it starts in 2 nd and stays in 2 nd it just won't gear up or down enny replys will be great thanks

Another quick update, have spoken to a Senior Service Advisor at another Audi dealer (Guildford) and supplied him with the TPL procedure 2005748/4 and he has informed me that there is not anything showing in Audi's database for that TPL code and my engine code (BDB).

Is this correct?! I have a 2003 (53) 3.2 V6.

Ryan

That's were the problem lies in getting it done, because Audi UK haven't released it as an update, the info was found on a German forum. They won't even acknowledge that the problem exists. However it DOES exist and the updated software DOES cure it.
I suggest if you can't get anywhere with the dealership, kick up a stink with Audi UK and stand your ground!

The update works!!!!!

Thanks Julian for all your help!

Has anyone had this update done in a West Cheshire Audi, just wondering if there is one thats already done it so save some of the potential arguments I may encounter!

thanks

That's were the problem lies in getting it done, because Audi UK haven't released it as an update, the info was found on a German forum. They won't even acknowledge that the problem exists. However it DOES exist and the updated software DOES cure it.
I suggest if you can't get anywhere with the dealership, kick up a stink with Audi UK and stand your ground!

So what is the best way of explaining to them (Audi UK) that there is an update available?! I have supplied them with all the information and they still don't acknowledge there is an update available as it is not showing on the Audi database?!

So what is the best way of explaining to them (Audi UK) that there is an update available?! I have supplied them with all the information and they still don't acknowledge there is an update available as it is not showing on the Audi database?!

Thats the issue here they will not even acknowledge it! My local dealer wouldn't take any information from me and fobbed me off. Then told me to go the another dealer offering the update and let them take your money!!!! They don't even want to know. I would try and get a registration of a car that has had the update and they can then see what was done. Audi UK have full access to all the work done so that should help them out.

I am not having mine done till next Friday so my reg will be no use to you. Maybe someone else can help. Cheers