Help ! Need advice on recon turbos

1stoner1

Reaction score
Hey/Hi/Hello

im a newbie here , been looking on here for a while regarding my

A3 2.0tdi se , 2007

Really need some advice/helping hand on looking for a new turbo on a tight budget , recently my car went into limp mode , had it plugged in and came back with overboosting ....... ! Had the turbo cleaned at garage with some sort of liquid turbo cleaner , then the next day into limp mode again ! plugged into day and the same problem , OVERBOOOOSTING !

As ive been reading on here loads of people having same issue's with bkd engine/turbo . ive been looking around and yes the cost is massive ! i found this website Turbochargers Reconditioned & New Turbochargers Turbos and got a quote of £275.00 + vat @20 for a recon turbo , this company is local to me so would be ideal as im in ox15 or ill try Turbo Technics they quoted me £375.00 + vat.

I could really do with some advice here, as im not the best with cars , any help would be great and very much appreciated

Thanks . 1stoner1

Sorry whats the question?

I had the same problem, just bite the bullet and get the turbo re-conditioned.
I used Midland turbos.
Think with the turbo and labour and new pipes cost me around £800.

I had a recon turbo fitted cause I had a loud siren noise, 2 and a half months later, the turbo is over boosting like yours so as you can imagine I'm not happy