1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! My Boot wont shut or lock!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by joe_g, Jan 23, 2010.

1. joe_g

joe_g New Member

Ive got a 2002 A4 Avant.

For some reason, the boot opened fine. But when I shut it (not hard) the catch wouldnt engage. And after having a look at it, the electronic opening button doesnt make any noise like it did before. I gave the catch a wiggle with a screwdriver, are they meant to be spring loaded at all or do they work purely electronically, because it just seemed to feel loose when flicking the catch with a screwdriver, and it didnt lock or anything.

Ive also tried using the key in the boot lock, and locking the car up with the remote fob, and nothings working. I checked the fuse by the steering wheel for that circuit, and went through all the fuses on that board, but nothings amiss there.

Any ideas chaps/chapettes? I havent got much time due to work commitments until tuesday, so im gonna tie her down from inside until then, unless it may be something trivial perhaps?

Any advice/help will be much appreciated!

Cheeeeers!!! Joe.
  2. droppedaudia4

droppedaudia4 Member

this happened to me 2 weeks ago in my b7 mate i replaced the boot lock mechanism and that sorted the problem